#1 Mold Inspection In Phoenix, AZ | 5-Star Rated Locally!
Few words send a chill down a homeowner’s spine, but “mold” is certainly one of them. Mold inspections are a necessary part of owning a home so that this nasty and potentially devastating problem is avoided whenever possible. There are 7 times when a mold inspection is a better idea than not. Keep reading to learn what they are.
- Anytime you buy a home: Never take a previous homeowner’s word on anything, as once you purchase a home, the liability is yours. And when you live in it, the consequences are on you too. Always have a thorough home inspection done, and make mold testing a part of it if there is any suspicion.
- Anytime you rent out a home: If you are hanging on to ownership of a home to rent it out long-term, or are just listing it on AirBnB or something similar, get mold testing done just to feature as a perk to the renters. If there are no warning signs taking place (as listed in the last five items of this list), then an at-home test is okay in lieu of professional testing.
- “Wet” areas on the exterior that do not dry after rain: These kinds of spots could be visual indications of water stored inside the structure, which is a breeding ground for mold.
- Home occupants display allergy-type symptoms, or existing ones worsen: This can range from coughing and nasal congestion to skin and eye irritation.
- Excess moisture happens in the home: Sometimes this is a sign of water leaks inside the home. You might have to get to the backs of cabinets and closets to find the damage. Destructive techniques are sometimes needed here.
- Fuzzy growths are noticed on building materials: This is usually a final warning about mold, and is often an indication that mold is already occurring. A mold inspection might be pointless at this stage except to determine extent and location of mold that is not yet visible.
- Earthy or musty odors: These are the common smells of mold, so your nose is your first and cheapest line of defense.
When you keep in mind these 7 situations where you might need a mold inspection, you can know just when to have testing done in order to protect the people and possessions in your home, as well as the structure itself.